Twelve-Lead EKG Interpretation Made EZ
## Awards for 7 Contact Hours!
During this most entertaining seminar, you will learn to read 12 lead EKG’s for ischemia, injury and necrosis. Anterior, Septal, Lateral, Inferior & Posterior wall infarctions & specific complications seen in patients will be covered. You will also learn how to differentiate ectopy from aberrancy, SVT with blocks vs. PVC’s.
This course is appropriate for nurses working in CCU, ER, Telemetry, Critical Care and Med-Surg. Also, a great course for EMT’s & Paramedics. Your fee includes lunch.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
* Read a 12 Lead EKG EASILY by using a systematic approach.
* Recognize location of cardiac muscle injury seen in specific leads.
* Determine axis deviations utilizing a “2 Lead Approach”
* Read right and left bundle branch blocks.
* Anticipate specific complications for Inferior, Anterior, Septal, and Lateral wall infarctions.
* Intervene appropriately when complications arise in patients with acute MI’s.
* How to differentiate aberrancy from ectopy.
* Identifying abberant ventricular conduction (right and left bundle branch blocks)
## Topics Include:
12 Lead EKG Interpertation
Reading a normal EKG, how to identify patterns of ischemia, injury and infarction… Identification of the location of infarction as well as complications of specific infarctions and nursing interventions.
Differentiating Ectopy From Aberrancy
Recognizing QRS changes in V1 with RBBB & LBBB… Differentiating aberrancy from ectopy, how to recognize SVT with a block from Ventricular Tachycardia.
## Course time is 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.