Critical Care Essentials
## Clinical Skills for Advanced Practice
## Awards for 7 contact hours!
Hemodynamic Monitoring and ACLS Prep Preview:
Seminar content is packed with life-saving information that will help you improve your patient’s survival. Case studies will be used to demonstrate independent judgments and rapid intervention. Throughout the morning session, concentration will be on how to use hemodynamic data in combination with vital signs, EKG changes and patient assessment findings. Interesting patient case scenarios will enable you to “put it all together” integrating hemodynamic knowledge into your clinical practice!
* Clinical significance of abnormal hemodynamic waveforms
* Alternation in PAP, PCWP, PAWP, PAOP associated with disease
* Effects of pharmacological therapy on hemodynamic pressure readings
* Obtaining accurate readings – errors / variations in techniques
* Troubleshooting – causes of damping, over wedging and catheter whip
The AFTERNOON SESSION will focus on the new AHA guidelines and algorithms in a new systematic ACLS approach using critical actions for ACLS providers. The essentials of ACLS, challenging case scenarios, review of additions and new changes, new drugs will enable the nurse to understand each algorithm for:
* Ventricular Fibrillation
* Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia
* Pulseless Electrical Activity
* Tachycardia – Narrow/Wide Complex
## Seminar Registration: 7:30 a.m. Seminar Time: 8:30 – 3:30 p.m.